High Performance Motor Control
This is a preorder - Expected to ship between 2018-05-28 and 2018-06-04
DC power voltage input range:
- 24V version: 12V to 24V.
- 48V version: 12V to 48V.
Starting from this version, the firmware comes already flashed on the board. You can install firmware upgrades over USB from a PC. This board is hardware-ready for all of the features listed on the features page. Currently the firmware supports the following:
- Position, Velocity, and Current control modes.
- Automatic identification of motor parameters (Inductance, Resistance).
- Realtime USB communication (>4000 floats/sec) to Python host program, which you can interface to your own application.
- Live-plotting of many variables, including position, speed, current, control effort: extensible to expose your own variables.
- USB Bootloader.
- UART communication with an easy to use Arduino Library.
- Step/Direction input, for replacing stepper motor drivers.
- Encoders with Index pulse.
Features that will become available with free firmware upgrades:
- PWM input.
- Absolute encoders.
- Hall effect sensored motors (instead of encoder).
- Commands over CAN.
- Thermal management
- Trajectory generation and tracking.
- Automatic identification of mechanical system parameters and tuning of position and velocity feedback gains.
Please note that this is a beta product and that there may still be hardware bugs present.
This listing Includes the ODrive v3.5 board, a power resistor (for brake energy dissipation), a USB cable, heatsinks, and some nylon standoffs. The pictures show a v3.4 board, but you will receive a v3.5.