High Performance Motor Control
This is a preorder: boards are expected to ship on around 15th of December. The pictures show v3.3 because we don't have the new boards to photograph yet: You will receive a v3.4.
This board is hardware-ready for all of the features listed on the features page. Currently the firmware supports the following:
- Position, Velocity, and Current control modes.
- Automatic identification of motor parameters (Inductance, Resistance).
- Realtime USB communication (>4000 floats/sec) to Python host program, which you can interface to your own application.
- Live-plotting of many variables, including position, speed, current, control effort: extensible to expose your own variables.
- UART communication with an easy to use Arduino Library.
- Basic commands over CAN (position, velocity, current).
- Step/Direction input, for replacing stepper motor drivers.
Features that will become available with free firmware upgrades:
- PWM input.
- Encoder with Index pulse; Absolute encoders.
- USB Bootloader.
- Thermal management
- Trajectory generation and tracking.
- Temperature monitoring.
- Automatic identification of mechanical system parameters and tuning of position and velocity feedback gains.
This listing Includes the ODrive v3.4 board, a ST-Link v2 programmer (note: random color), a power resistor (for brake energy dissipation), USB cables and some nylon standoffs.