High Performance Motor Control
All ODrive v3.2 are currently sold out. Please sign up to the Newsletter to be notified when they are available again.
This is the board revision designed to be delivered simultaneous to the alpha firmware release. You can check which features will be included in the release here. The alpha release will include all the core features of the board, and allow go-to commands sent over USB, as well as step/direction interfacing. Please be aware that this is an early stage product intended for developers only.
The programmer may not be the same color as pictured.
- 2 motor channels, designed for >100A peak current.
- 1 DC-DC converter channel: Currently supports using a brake resistor to dump braking energy.
- 24V bus voltage
- Encoder feedback for arbitrarily precise movements
- USB interface
- Permissive licence on both hardware and software: You can use this project in anything you like, even commercial products (as long as you attribute this project's contributors).
Hardware ready to support the following features when firmware becomes available:
- Step/Dir interface
- Automatic feedback gain tuning
- Various optimal control strategies and motion profiles
- Support power regeneration
- Use of a high power density Li-Po battery means you can achieve >1kW peak power output with only a modest power supply.